The South African Rights of Way Association (SARWA) is a professional member organization comprised of public service infrastructure land & rights practitioners. Since its inception as a not-for-profit association in 1998, SARWA served professionals who acquire, manage and transfer the land & rights needed for infrastructure. SARWA is also affiliated as a Regional Partner of the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) where together there are nearly 10,000 members that hail from over 15 countries around the world. These members are united by their profession and their commitment to pursuing training and professional development through courses, chapter meetings, seminars and the annual education conference.
SARWA is a volunteer-driven organization comprised of multi-disciplined professionals employed by private industry and government departments such as:
- Land and Rights acquisition practitioners
- Property Valuers
- Asset managers
- Environmental specialists
- Project managers & surveyors
- Deed registration experts
They are considered the unsurpassed source of land and rights educational programs, providing education and networking opportunities to differentiate our members in the professional marketplace.
Their industry-specific education and advanced curriculum allows for professional continuous development training which covers Electricity Utilities, Public Departments, Oil & Gas Pipelines and Transportation.
SARWA is in the process to be accredited by SAQA to create industry-wide recognition of our designations and certifications, and to elevate the role of right of way professionals by strengthening their industry relevance.
It is the mission of SARWA to make a difference in
- The quality standards and ethics throughout the industry and around the globe
- Representing projects, landowner and taxpayer to ensure that landowners are treated fairly, equitably and uniformly while completing projects on time and within the budget constrains
- Enhancing the quality of lives in the communities we work in, with better and more accessible transportation, energy and utility systems.
For more information please visit ww.sarwa.co.za and REGISTER